Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Textile Designer Amy Butler

I got a sewing machine last Christmas, so curtain fabrics are very much on my mind. While I have visions of Kravat, Duralee and Schumacher (Imperial Trellis, anyone?), I simply cannot bear the $100+ per yard price tags. Enter Amy Butler. Her aesthetic is all about vintage with a modern twist. Big, splashy flowers done in graphic fashion. With just a bit of searching, it can be found for sale online at prices ranging from $8 to $15 a yard. Which leaves one some money, and fabric, left over for matching dresses and babushkas (for when one is having a "Sound of Music" moment, naturally).
Amy Butler's Fresh Poppies in fuchsia

Amy Butler's Belle Acanthus

Amy Butler's Cherry

Amy Butler's Floating Buds in ivory








1 comments:

  1. I've got several of her patterns as well. I think they are well put together. There used to be a local place you could go put your hands on her fabrics, but I don't know of one anymore.

    ReplyDelete