Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday is THE Day for Ladurée

Well, all good Catholics (and Episcopalians) know that today is "Fat Tuesday," or as the French say, "Mardis Gras." It's the last day to partake of rich and decadent foods before Ash Wednesday, the start of the penitential Lenten season. Tonight I attended the traditional pancake supper at the local Episcopal church. But I was daydreaming about what I'd truly love to have as my last, decadent hurrah before the season of bean soups, bread without butter, and stevia-laced fruit. Why, I'd waltz down the Champs-Élysées in Paris and hit the Ladurée store hard. Afterward, I might stroll over to the  Place de la Madeleine and take a few bites at Fauchon and Hédiard. As it is, I am in Tennessee, and thus had pancakes. But here are some fabulous Ladurée photos, for daydreaming ... 
How could you choose just one? 

Macaroons, naturally. Pistachio, orange blossom, rose, and raspberry. I'll take one of each, s'il vous plaît! 

The famous L'Entremet Marie-Antoinette cake by Ladurée. 


The L'Entremet Marie-Antoinette, full sized, for sharing (or not). 

Don't you wish this truck was headed your way? Photo taken in Paris by blogger "The Girl Who Ate Everything." 

Oh yes, this is how to do Fat Tuesday. Forget pancakes. I should have just donated my $5 for the cause, then headed for Paris...


1 comments:

  1. Love that place! I've been dying to try my hand at making my own, but think that the macaroons would never hold up to the ones in my memories!

    ReplyDelete