Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oscar de la Renta Fashion Illustration & "Little Edie" Bouvier Beale

In honor of Oscar de la Renta's Fall 2011 fashion show today in New York City, I've posted a gorgeous illustration of one of his new looks. When I was a fashion editor in New York, his was always one of my favorite shows to attend.

I've also posted a frothy pink fur from the Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2010 show; it was on my "lust list" (which should be renamed a "delusions of grandeur list," as it includes such items as a Neiman Marcus cupcake car). 
And while I'm thinking about chic coats, I just had to toss in the photo of a young "Little Edie" Bouvier Beale in her gown and fur, because this "Grey Gardens" doyenne knew how to stay fashionably warm (as well as how to tie a sweater around her head with an inimitable aplomb).

1 comments:

  1. "Little Edie" Bouvier Beale is lovely in her gown and fur. If I had the figure, I would love to be dressed like her!!
    The fluffly coat from the Oscar de la Renta only makes me want cotton candy!!
    Don't like the coat, but like your blog.
    j.g.p.

    ReplyDelete