Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Recession Repression

"I can't wait for this recession to be over - it's such a drag. I'm not one of those people who thinks it's brought us to our higher level of consciousness. I just think it's a colossal bore. But boom times or bad times, my job is to create desire." - Simon Doonan, Creative Director, Barneys. A good friend sent this quote today, and having worked -- or not worked -- during 3 recessions in my lifetime, I say, "Damned skippy, Simon!" I remember Mr. Doonan during Fashion Week in New York City for my 12 years there. Always glamourous, slightly removed, nonchalant, and with a wry smile. He knew the deal. I trust he will create some desire this holiday season. Can't wait to see the Barneys and Bergdorf Goodman windows, my favorites. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment